Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Snow day

After being 65 and sunny two days ago, Denver had its first snow day in the two years that I've been working for the school district. I love my job and I love my kids, but let me tell you, this was a much-appreciated break. To celebrate, I'll give you some happy snow photos from the past few weeks.

This afternoon, for example, Greta and I decided you don't have to be a little kid to build a snow fort in the backyard.


We had rescued the daffodils from our flowerbed just before the blizzard.


Snow forts in T-shirts. I love you, Colorado.


And this was after surviving the bike ride home yesterday. It had just started snowing when I left school. By the quarter-way mark, the bridges were covered. By half, I couldn't see the trail. My tally of fellow bikers fell to a record low of one (who yelled, "Oh, YEAH!" as we passed in the blinding snow.)


My snowshoes got their initiation after last Friday's snowstorm on a trip to Mt. Evans with Andi and Emily.






And last but not least, an exhausting but well worth it cross-country skiing adventure to Lost Lake.



And that, sadly, must be all for now. The sun has melted almost the entire foot of snow, so it's back to school tomorrow. Two days till spring break, baby.

No comments: