Friday, August 5, 2011

Victory of a pack rat

Confession: I have three cupboards in my office filled with junk that I can't bring myself to throw away because I think one day, someday, it might be useful. Today was someday. I finished planting the fall crops in the garden today and used the junk closet not once, but twice.

Twine that the thrift store guy used to tie a dresser (now fully functional, with the 100+ Disney/Barney/Lisa Frank stickers removed and the drawers glued back together) to my car is now tying up the pear tomatoes:


And an old license plate is now keeping water and soil from escaping through the corner of a garden box where the planks had come apart:


Finally, a valid response to the people who tell me I need to throw this stuff out.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Erin. I do not need this kind of inspiration to keep random stuff around. I have had SUCH a hard time recycling glass jars recently... just think of all the small things I could put in them! But honestly, I am glad you're getting use out of your random stuff cupboard.